Cars for Charity assists those in need with a complete vehicle donation program. The process is simple, free and rewards you with a tax deduction and with knowing you’ve made a difference in someone’s life. Cars for Charity arranges for your donated vehicle to be picked up at a convenient time for you, at no charge to you and sold to gain the best price. You will receive a hassle-free tax deduction for your vehicle donation.
We accept virtually any kind of vehicle, running or not. No emissions certificate is necessary.
- Boats (must have a trailer)
- RV Trailers
- Some farm equipment and implement trailers.
* We don’t accept vehicles that have been dismantled or had their parts removed.
** If you are outside the Metro Denver area, please call 720.387.5124 directly to ensure we can accept the donation.
1. Locate your title. It must be free and clear from liens.
2. Complete the Donor Information Sheet or call 720.387.5124.
3. Representatives will arrange for a convenient time to pick up your vehicle and keys. License plates and personal contents should be removed.
• The process is simple, and free.
• We convert your donated car into cash.
• There is no charge to you.
• We receive 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle.
• You avoid the cost and hassle of repairing or selling a car you no longer want.
• You are entitled to a tax deduction for your donation.
• We take vehicles in virtually any condition, running or not.
• All information regarding your donated vehicle is available to you and transparent.
If you have questions about donating your vehicle, please call 720.387.5124.
You may claim up to $500 for a vehicle donation. You should consult your tax advisor for the specific deduction available. Cars for Charity will provide the necessary receipt immediately after your donation’s made. If your donated vehicle sells for more than $500, you may claim the sale actual price the vehicle fetches. An IRS form 1098C must be filed with the service. Please see
A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donation-Publication 4303 – IRS.gov
Yes. We accept cars, trucks, boats (must have trailer), planes, motorcycles, RVs, RV Trailers, and some farm equipment – running or not, no emissions certificate is necessary. We don’t accept vehicles that have been dismantled or had their parts removed.
Towing is free.
After we receive your Donor Information Sheet, tow representatives will arrange a convenient time and location for the pickup. Pickup time is generally 2 days. Bad weather, heavy volume and weekends can sometimes extend the pickup time a few days. Need to arrange a fast pick up? Call (720) 387-5124 and let us know.
It’s easy to donate a vehicle, either on-line or by phone, (720) 387-5124. You fill out a Donor Information Sheet, locate, transfer and mail in the title, to Cars for Charity, 3478 Running Deer Drive, Castle Rock, CO 80109. You will receive a call from our tow service to arrange a convenient time and location for the pickup. They will pick up the keys with the vehicle. You do not need to be there.
Your vehicle is assessed for the correct sales venue that will yield the best sale price. Most vehicles are sold through wholesale auctions; older, damaged and mechanically impaired vehicles are often sold directly to dismantlers or recyclers for their remaining parts and metals. If there is something special about your vehicle, please let us know. Every dollar gained goes to charity.
Cars for Charity does not take a percentage of the sale. An admin fee ($33-$62) is invoiced and 100% of the net sale proceeds is returned to the charity. Cars for Charity is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit that is also a licensed wholesale used vehicle dealer; Colorado license # 3429.
Yes, in most cases. Cars for Charity has a national agreement with Manheim Remarketing, Inc, and Insurance Auto Auctions. There are factors that are considered before accepting a vehicle, such as transportation costs, vehicle condition, metals commodities markets, etc. that have the potential to eliminate any return to the charity organization. If that would be the case, the donated vehicle would be declined.