If you can’t feed 100 people, then feed just one.
— Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Samaritan House Fort Collins & Larimer County Services
Who We Are
For more than 30 years, Catholic Charities of Denver has offered an array of services for women, men, veterans and families in need in Larimer County. From preventative services to emergency assistance, Larimer County Services operates with a “hand up” rather than a “hand out” approach, fostering long-term goals that encourage independence for those experiencing homelessness and other emergency circumstances. With compassionate support, we identify the root causes and work with each client’s unique situation, connecting them to any additional resources they may need.
Larimer County Services Include
Samaritan House Fort Collins operates both an emergency overnight shelter and an extended-stay 120-day levels program for men, women, veterans and families to meet both the immediate shelter, food and clothing needs, as well as provide case management, life skills classes (such as housing, money management and employment assistance), support groups and collaborative relationships with community resources. Samaritan House Fort Collins also offers day shelter and daily hot lunches to anyone in the community who is in need. Samaritan House Fort Collins operates multiple supportive programs under one roof:
- Client Services Program for individuals experiencing homelessness (extended-stay)
- Family Services Program for families experiencing homelessness (extended-stay)
- Emergency Overnight Shelter provides overnight and extended-stay shelter services for men, women, veterans and families experiencing homelessness with an additional 24 beds for men, 20 beds for women, and 2 rooms for families. During the winter months this expands to up to 70 beds for men, 32 beds for women, and 4 rooms for families.
- Veteran Services Program for single men and women experiencing homelessness (extended-stay)
- Emergency Assistance—Utility assistance, Colorado birth certificates, bus passes, and rental assistance (limited to veterans)
- Senior Services—Case management, home visits and benefits referrals for seniors to remain independently housed for as long as possible
What Sets Us Apart
Extensive Support to Veterans and Families: Samaritan House Fort Collins provides a separate housing facility for veteran residents. We work collaboratively with the VA to meet the physical and mental health needs of our veteran residents and connect them to income and supportive housing resources.
Adult & Senior Services: In addition to shelter services, Samaritan House Fort Collins helps with seniors—both in the shelter and in the community—in need of assistance with paperwork, obtaining and maintaining housing, budgeting, and guidance with local resources. Last fiscal year we helped over 400 seniors remain in their homes.
meals prepared by our Samaritan House Fort Collins shelter
nights of shelter provided to men, women and families in our extended-stay shelter programs and 20,737 estimated nights of emergency shelter provided to men, women and families in our overnight shelter
unduplicated men, women and families served in Samaritan House Fort Collins extended-stay programs
Samaritan House Fort Collins extended-stay programs include 30 beds for men, 6 beds for women and 4 family rooms; with up to an additional 24 beds for men, 20 beds for women, and 2 rooms for families each night in our emergency overnight shelter
During the winter months this expands to up to 70 beds for men, 32 beds for women, and 4 rooms for families