WHAT IS PARISH AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES?
Parish and Community Resources is a ministry that coordinates greater communication and cooperation between Catholic Charities, parishes in the Archdiocese of Denver and community resources by providing greater awareness and assistance to those most in need.
As the Charitable Arm of the Archdiocese, Catholic Charities offers resources to parishes including, but not limited to:
- A Parish Helpline which is given to every pastor for internal use for emergency support with unique and challenging situations within the parish community. Click here to learn more about Emergency Assistance.
- The Ambassador Program – working directly with the pastor, the Ambassador Program provides support to the parish by partnering with Catholic Charities’ charitable ministries, its resources and the community to open up communication to better serve the poor and those in need. See below for additional information.
- Mercy in Action Teams – Through the Ambassador program, the Ambassador connects us to individuals/leaders in the parish who are involved in the parish’s various needs and programs to pool resources and exchange ideas to better serve the parish and those in need. See below for additional information.
The objective of the Ambassador Program is to increase the communication and collaboration between each parish in the Archdiocese, partner groups, Catholic Charities, and those in need. The fruits of this program include, but are not limited to:
- Communication – As an Ambassador, you act as the liaison of information between your parish/organization and the resources available through Catholic Charities’ Ministries.
- Trainings – We educate the Ambassador on our ministries through regular communications so you can bring the knowledge back for the support of your parish/organization. This will result in the principle of subsidiarity, which will help build strong community bonds as well as interpersonal and ecumenical relationships.
- Service – The Ambassador assists in getting more people access to spiritual and material resources by connecting us to other various leaders involved in your parish ministries/programs. We connect the leaders from your parish with leaders from other parishes/organizations through “Mercy in action” teams. These teams work in conjunction with specific Catholic Charities ministries to pool resources and exchange ideas to strengthen our faithful mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
If you currently work in a ministry serving vulnerable populations in your parish or organization including (but not limited to) the areas above, or you know someone who is, contact Angela Deeney at email@example.com or 720-799-9296.
If you would like to inquire as to whether your parish has an Ambassador, or if you yourself are involved in your parish and are interested in becoming involved as an Ambassador, please contact Angela Deeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 720-799-9296.
Free tools, inexpensive services, free training, and great resources are all available through the Denver Parish Connect initiative through the Archdiocese of Denver. Their goal is to quickly help you find the tactics that work best for your community and then give you all the support you need to use them well. More than ever parishes need to communicate in ways that serve its local community and, when appropriate, bring the people of northern Colorado together to pray, think and act as one Church.