Who We Are
Samaritan House Women’s Shelter provides services for women who are in need of immediate shelter. Provided they are respectful to themselves and others during their stay, we allow any women that are seeking shelter to have a safe place to sleep 365 days of the year. Located in Denver off of Lawrence street, we offer 273 beds each night for women and provide a free hot meal for dinner and breakfast. We have security that monitors the property and makes sure our women are safe for the duration of their stay.
Our staff offers compassionate and dignified care to connect women in need to other supportive and transformational services they may need to get a fresh start and regain their own self-sufficiency.
In conjunction with our women’s emergency shelter, Samaritan House Women's Shelter provides women access to case management, recovery resources, mental health services and most importantly, a safe place to reside.
- Hot dinner and breakfast daily
- A safe and warm place to sleep
- Clothing as needed
- Hygiene products as needed
- Connection to other supportive services through Catholic Charities of Denver
Opportunities for extended stay services
If you’re a women interested in extended-stay housing at Samaritan House which offers a 120-day stay levels program and employment/housing assistance, there is a lottery held daily. Please arrive at Samaritan House in the early evening for 8PM lottery. You can call 303-294-0241 for additional lottery details.
Schedule of Services
- 5PM women begin arriving at Samaritan House in downtown Denver (must be there by 6PM)
- 6PM women are allowed into the shelter for dinner
- 7:15PM women can put items in locked storage bins
- 7:30PM women are allowed back into the facility and given blankets and cots to sleep on (some women will be transferred via bus to our overflow shelter in Denver, and bused back to Samaritan House in the morning before breakfast)
- 5AM women are woken up
- 5:30AM storage is unlocked and items are returned
- 6AM breakfast is served
- 7AM overnight shelter is closed