Homeless Prevention & Emergency Assistance Program in Weld County
The Homeless Prevention Program serves residents of Weld County with past due heat or electric bills and periodically rent assistance to help stabilize their living situation and avoid evictions or utility shut offs. We can also assist people with their LEAP applications Nov-April as well as provide resource information for other needs.
Bill assistance is dependent on current funding and information about current help can be found by calling the our hotline 970-616-8615. Assistance is by appointment only at Catholic Charities in Greeley or our Ft Lupton office.
Minimum Eligibility and Requirements for utility assistance at the appointment
Requests should come through the Emergency Assistance Hotline 970-616-8615.
- Applicants must be a financially responsible person on the heat or electric bill.
- Mandatory-- A current photo ID of person requesting assistance who is an authorized person on the account.
- The utility must have a past due amount and there cannot be an outstanding unpaid deposit on the bill.
- No payments can be made to individuals or landlords. Payments must go to utility vendors.
- During LEAP season- November - April, all requestors who are eligible must apply for LEAP regardless if it is for a heat or electric bill.
We can provide a few days of diapers at our office which is available Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am-12pm & 1pm-3pm. (Excluding holidays) A photo ID and child’s birth certificate is required and this assistance is accessible once a month. Note: not all sizes are consistently available.
Hours of Operation
Catholic Charities non-shelter day program operations are typically 8:30 am – 4:00 pm excluding holidays. The Homeless Prevention Program operates by appointment only and requests are made through the emergency hotline when funds are available.
Emergency Assistance Hotline: 970-616-8615
Catholic Charities of Weld County main office number 970-353-6433
Address: 1442 N 11th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631