HOMELESS PREVENTION & EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IN WELD COUNTY
The Homeless Prevention Program serves residents of Weld County with past due heat or electric bills and periodically rent assistance to help stabilize their living situation and avoid evictions or utility shut disconnections. We can also assist people with their LEAP applications (November thru April) as well as provide resource information for other needs. State or national emergency situations can change the availability of resources at any time.
Please call the emergency hotline at 970.616.8615 for more information on available assistance programs. Assistance is provided by phone or in person at our Greeley or Ft Lupton offices. We are not able to provide walk-in service. Individuals requesting assistance must:
- Provide documented proof income is below 80% of the area medium income for Weld County
- Provide valid photo ID of individual requesting assistance ~ Mandatory
- Present proof of sustainability for remaining in the residence after assistance is provided
- Be a financially responsible for heat/electric bill on the lease of the residence
- Present utility bill at least one day overdue and cannot be in the landlord’s name
- Apply for LEAP (November thru April) regardless if it is for heat or an electric bill
We can provide a few days of diapers at our office which is available Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am-12pm & 1pm-3pm. (Excluding holidays) A photo ID and child’s birth certificate is required and this assistance is accessible once a month. Note: not all sizes are consistently available.
Hours of Operation
Catholic Charities non-shelter programs operate 8:30 am – 4:00 pm excluding holidays. The Homeless Prevention Program operates by appointment only.
Emergency Assistance Hotline: 970.616.8615
Catholic Charities of Weld County: 970.353.6433
Shelter Operations: 970.353.3720
Address: 1442 N 11th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631