A Shelter for All — Not Just a Place to Sleep!
Each of our residents is matched with a specialized case manager who helps in navigating our 120-day Levels Program. Once enrolled, the resident commits to goals that will help obtain stable income and housing. As the resident is receiving help to transition out of homelessness their spiritual and material needs are met along the way.
We operate the only shelter in Weld County that provides services to single adults and families.
Our facility is a comprehensive shelter with complementary social services programs all available at one location.
120-Day Levels Program Requirements...
- Attend Employment and Life Skills class series
- Attend Housing and Money Management class series
- Regularly submit Job Search and Housing Search logs
- Regularly deposit earnings into a supervised personal housing fund
- Meet regularly with Case Manager
Our Permanent Shelter Accommodations...
- Men’s dormitory with 20 beds (currently reduced to 8 beds due to COVID-19)
- Women’s dormitory with 6 beds (currently reduced to 3 beds due to COVID-19
- Five independent family rooms with 20+ beds
- Medical beds to accommodate 4 men and 3 women
SPECIALIZED CASE MANAGERS FOR OLDER ADULTS
We provide specialized case management to older adults to help them obtain government issued benefits, housing, and a variety of additional senior resources.
We're Making a Difference!
In Fiscal Year 2019/20:
- 26,215 nights of shelter
- 30,358 meals served at the Guadalupe Community Center
- 203 seniors received services
- 275 individuals received financial assistance through Weld Victim's Assistance
- 418 households helped with utility and rent payment assistance
What We Provide
Guadalupe Community Center provides the following services...
- Overnight emergency shelter for families year-round
- Overnight emergency shelter for single women from May thru October
- Transitional housing shelter
- Daily meals
- Clean linens and basic toiletries
- Case management and referrals
- High Plains Library District computer lab
- Medical and mental health referrals to Sunrise Medical Clinic
GUADALUPE COMMUNITY CENTER WISH LIST
What do people experiencing homelessness need most besides shelter?
The Guadalupe Community Center accepts donations that fill a resident’s basic needs.
We are currently requesting the following donations:
Top Ten Kitchen Needs...
- Fresh or Canned Fruit
- Fresh produce (salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, onions)
- Canned or frozen vegetables
- Canned tuna or chicken
- Shredded, sliced, or grated cheese
- Ground Coffee
- Portion sized coffee creamer
- Individual sugar packets
- Iron Fortified Infant Formula / Cereal
TOP TEN ESSENTIALS...
- Men’s & Women’s Underwear
- Women’s Sports Bras (various sizes)
- Men’s Jeans (sizes 28 thru 34)
- Men’s & Women’s Short Sleeve Shirts
- Jackets (summer)
- Pillows (new)
- Pillowcase standard size
- Sheets (twin/queen)
- Adult Backpacks
- $5 gift cards (Walmart, Subway, Kum & Go)